PURPOSE OF JOB
- To meet Retail and SME Financial Targets through a World class Sales and Service Management system and within established product programs through the set of branches assigned.
- In concert with Central Operations Unit to operate and maintain a smooth running and operationally efficient branch, that conform to the financial institutions and BOT regulations, rules and guidelines issued from time to time. This will include servicing corporate customers.
- Accountable for all aspects of running a successful branch, delivering great business performance and leading and motivating a team that provides the best customer experience in your region/cluster
- Coach and Mentor the Branch Managers
- Understand your customer base and identify opportunities to build and grow profitable relationships.
- Deliver against business and sales performance.
- Acquire new customers and retain and grow your relationships with existing customers.
- Responsible for the operational efficiency of the region/cluster and productivity of its staff.
- Prepare periodic and statutory reports for management , and if need be, also for the board of directors.
- Have a good understanding of branch control procedures with specific focus on financial security.
- Take ownership for resolving complex problems, working with colleagues in other offices /
- Branches to provide a seamless experience for your customers
- Develop new deposit and loan businesses
- Provide a superior level of customer relations and promote the service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Perform other duties in the absence of the BM as directed by the Retail Bank Head
- Set challenging performance and business objectives.
- Work to your peoples’ strengths and in still in them the passion and commitment to deliver an exceptional service.
- Monitor your teams effectiveness by developing individual performance objectives and make recommendations for improvements, while also being accountable for achieving sales and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Address and manage under performance as soon as it is identified following company guidelines.
- Ability to Hire, Train, Coach, Mentor and Motivate managers
- Experience in Sales, Customer acquisition and Client relationships
- Well versed with operational aspects of running the bank
- Well versed with Control and Compliance for banks
- Take ownership for resolving complex problems, working with colleagues in other offices / branches to provide a seamless experience for customers
- Ability to manage resources effectively and within budget.
- Ability to Measure and monitor the team’s effectiveness by developing individual performance objectives
- Good communication, leadership, people management and banking skills.
- Relevant Banking experience and Proven track record
- Self motivated, energetic and possessing high integrity.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.