- A highly skilled and multicultural organisation
- A dynamic and evolving field of Telecommunications
- More detailed reporting on Corporate Governance in line with King II and IFRS
- Dynamic legal and regulatory environment, including, IFRS, Tax rules, Companies’ Act and other legislation which impact the business
- Evolving industry sector constantly presenting new challenges and opportunities to the core businesses
- Rapid expansion of the Group, both in terms of size and geographic distribution
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide application technical support and training to Hyperion users across the MTN Group.
- Assist in implementing and deploying the Financial Data Quality Management (FDQM) system across the MTN Group of Companies.
- Assist in managing Group operations in changes to their account structures to be in line with Group standards.
- Support technical queries received from operations and Group finance by attending to them or delegating the query to the relevant person.
- Providing and maintaining system access to users (provisioning).
- Assist in creating and maintaining financial and non-financial reports using Financial BI Reporting Studio.
- Assist in training FDQM users across the Opco’s.
- Education: Diploma in Information Systems, Computer Science
- 2 years’ experience with financial reporting software
- 1 year experience with either Hyperion Enterprise or Hyperion Financial Management and Financial Data Quality Management System
- Visual Basic programming (limited)
- Database integration software
- Software Administrator courses
- Advanced programming techniques
- Some accounting knowledge with understanding of group structures implications
- IT infrastructure set-up
- Hyperion Financial Management, FDQM and programming
- Software interfacing knowledge
- Hyperion Planning (would be advantageous)
Skills / physical competencies:
- Programming skills, preferably in Visual Basic
- Project management skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- High tolerance towards uncertainty and ambiguity
- Understanding of database structures and connectivity with different applications
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and standard development methodologies.
- Fluency in French would be an advantage
KPA Quality Standards/ Measures (KPI’S for job)
Interface with MTN SA IT / IBM
- Set agreed deliverables as per SLA
- Ensure infrastructure requirements are met
Administrating HFM and FDQM applications
- Control applications
- Manage metadata structures
- Control security access
- Take ownership of logic rules
Ensuring application availability to users within the Group
- Perform application reviews according to pre-defined user rights
- Ensure connectivity to application and database for all users as per licensed rights
Provision of application support and training of Hyperion users
- Resolving technical queries
- Provision of application support and responding to application queries
Set-up of support function and query logging.
- Generate policies and procedures for fault reporting and query logging
Development of variable user reporting requirements.
- Develop Analyzer user reports as per predefined user requirements
- Develop / enhance HFM Reports reporting functionality
Liaison with functional groups as to future application structure changes
- Manage application, logic and metadata changes