Ensure a safe working environment in compliance with APMM Safety Regulations and Standards
Self and time management
Achieve Operational Targets and Objectives
- Ensure that recognized safe working practices are utilized for all terminal operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Provide first line of response for any accident / incident investigation, emergency situations and damage assessments.
- Assisting the safety and security team as required to maintain the best control at the terminal
- Operational Execution:
- Manages the internal communications process
- Editing and writing of all organisational materials and content
- Assists the external Public relations on all external communications especially to the stakeholders
- Responsible for managing internal communications channels, including writing/editing the staff e-newsletter
- Responsible for the Town hall meeting content, presentations and follow ups
- Monitors all APMT branded communications in Prints, electronic and social media
- Proactively seek opportunities to advise employees and management on communications issues
- Advise and support developing internal communications programmes, ensuring consistency with the global internal communications strategy.
- Advise senior management on sensitive and complex internal communications challenges, including crisis communications issues
- Represent internal communications on projects as required to ensure that project managers take note of internal communication needs
- Develop internal communications plans for a range of projects, initiatives and campaigns, and implement them.
WORK/BUSINESS CONTACTS AND AUTHORITY:
(IPE Factor: Communication/Frame)
- Internal – All Employees
- External – PR Agency,All Stakeholders
LEVEL ON INNOVATION REQUIRED
(IPE Factor: Innovation / Complexity)
- Update or modify working methods in own role based on defined procedures
- Identify problems and recommend improvements to working procedures
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication, English, Public administration or related field from an accredited university.
- At least two to four years of experience in a similar role
- Professional Certification from Nigerian Institute of Public Relations is desirable
- A masters degree (MBA preferred) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of developing and implementing internal communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
- Knowledge and Experience of advising senior managers on complex internal communications challenges, including crisis communications
- Experience of successfully managing complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, from start to finish
- Basic Knowledge of brand communication
- Experience of successfully influencing staff at all levels within an organisation
- Experience of writing for a variety of audiences
- Involvement in managing an intranet ,editors/contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a group
- Ability to set priorities and multi task
- Ability to network, interact and influence key decision makers within and outside circle of influence
- Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognising the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.
LEARNING & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas;
- Exposure to internal communication in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Advanced knowledge of Internal communication, PR