Compliance Executive – Corporate Governance OMSA
The incumbent will be individually accountable for the Legal, Compliance, Client Servicing & related administration Risk function in OMEM CST through staff supervised over periods of 1-2 years.
This role interacts with senior management and board members of companies within the OMSA Group on a strategic level on compliance and legislative developments that may influence the strategic direction of the company.
Legal & Compliance & Client Servicing & Admin Risk
- Ensures, through staff supervised, the execution of legal, compliance & client servicing risk within OMEM CST and/or other Segments over periods of 1-2 years.
- Determines how new legislation will impact the business segment and how it could be complied with in the most cost-effective way.
- Influences (if needed) the strategic direction of the business segment by making recommendations on how to change or structure the business.
- Coordinates legal, compliance & risk efforts across the entire business segment.
- Manages between one and twenty-four staff members.
- Individually accountable for staff time, tasks and output quality, over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Plans and assigns work over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Manages performance.
- Selects potential staff to sustain customer/ client service delivery.
- Ensures compliance within the Business Segment (integrates legislation into the business).
- Coordinates compliance efforts across the entire business segment.
- Determines how new legislation will impact the business segment & how best this may be complied with in the most cost effective way.
- Responsible for facilitating, co-ordinating and overseeing the implementation of the OMEM risk strategy and enterprise risk management disciplines within a large and/or complex area of business, and also monitors, escalates and reports material risks, events and issues as it relates to client servicing and administration risk
- Responsible for compliance staffing and development across the segment.
- Could influence the strategic direction of business through recommendations on how to change or structure the business (does not make actual decisions).
- Manages between 1 and 24 staff members.
- Advantageous: Legal degree together with C.Prac or C.Prof.10 yrs appropriate compliance related experience in the financial services industry.
Role Qualifications and Competencies:
- Recognised degree in legal field plus minimum qualifications as specified by regulation.
- 8-10 yrs relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at Executive and Board level.
- Appropriate attention to detail.
- Judgement as to what risks/issues need to be escalated and reported on.
- Ability to build relationships across multiple BU’s and countries, while dealing with issues that may be sensitive.
- Level of understanding of Operations, Risk and Legal.
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Business Awareness
- Decision Making
- Gaining Commitment
- Planning & Organising
- Technical Knowledge