Aker Solutions ASA is a leading global oil services company that provides engineering services, technologies, product solutions and field-life solutions for the oil and gas industry. Aker Solutions has aggregated annual revenue of approximately NOK 35 billion and employs approximately 17 000 people in about 30 countries.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry face now and in the future
Aker Solutions’ Subsea team based in Luanda, is an innovative, dynamic and highly competent team that provides advanced subsea systems and services on depths down to 2000 meters. We are now looking for creative and experienced engineers who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the Angolan market.
We are looking for: Control System Engineer
Responsibilities and tasks
• Provide technical and engineering support for central instrumentation and control systems.
• Create/review package design in changes or improvements and monitor the implementation plan.
• Participate in research teams to analyse facilities or travel equipment and make the applicable recommendation.
• Support the operations and maintenance departments whenever necessary.
• Work with suppliers to solve problems, make updates, or implement technologies.
• Write reports, letters or technical documentation and address confidential matters.
• Solve Control System related problems affecting operations.
Qualifications & personal attributes
• University degree in engineering
• 3-5 years relevant control systems experience
• Good knowledge of customer service and support practices and services.
• Very good knowledge and experience in operations management and logistics.
• Very good knowledge of the materials and equipment used.
• Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), especially Emerson Delta V.
• Knowledge of emergency shut-down (ESD) systems, compressor control systems, gas turbine control systems and Foundation Fieldbus.
• Fluent in English and Portuguese, both written and verbal
- Proactive and self-driven
- A work environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Challenging work tasks in a truly global company
- A chance to work with breakthrough subsea technology
- Good career development opportunities nationally and internationally