- Functionally reports to: DMD/ CEO Africa
- Administratively reports to: DMD/ CEO Africa
- Supervises: Exco Members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and secure approval for relevant business strategies and ensure effective implementation in line with approved budget
- Manage overall performance on revenue, profitability and growth of business lines within the country.
- Provide adequate direction/ supervision for the country and assume overall responsibility for Wholesale & Retail within the country.
- Manage the banks relationships with key alliance/ strategic partners and establish relationship with new DFI partner institutions.
- Attract investable funds from mass affluent African Diaspora markets in Europe and other parts of the world through Wealth Management product offerings on appropriate service delivery platforms.
- Ensure the bank brand is made a top brand primarily in country of coverage and the group at large.
- Develop and manage relationships with Embassies, NGOs and Multilateral institutions.
- Ensure adequate resourcing of all levels and coach/ motivate employees to effectively execute the strategic decisions to meet corporate goals.
- Ensure business directives and initiatives from management are well disseminated in the country.
- Ensure desirable performance against budget.
- Ensure full compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the DMD/ CEO Africa and Executive Management.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIS)
- P & L position
- Actual vs target on assigned budget
- Growth rate in deposits and accounts opened/closed vs. target
- Customer service delivery index
- Actual market share vs. target
- Attrition rate and staff happiness index
- Brand visibility
- Minimum education level –First Degree; higher degrees /MBA/professional certifications compulsory
- Minimum requisite experience – 15 years relevant experience
- Core Business Processes
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Regulatory Compliance
- Banking Operations
- Banking services/products
- Relationship management
- African macro-economic environment
- Professional disposition
- Strategy formulation & Business Awareness, Creativity & Innovation
- Resource Management, Delegation & Empowerment
- Ability to Inspire & Manage Change
- Analytical Thinking
- Financial Analysis
- Decision Making, Problem Solving, Diversity Management.