Our client is the global market leader in the logistics industry and “The Logistics Company for the world”. DHL commits its expertise in international express, air and ocean freight, road and rail transportation, contract logistics and international mail services to its customers. A global network composed of more than 220 countries and territories and about 285,000 employees worldwide offers customers superior service quality and local knowledge to satisfy their supply chain requirements. DHL accepts its social responsibility by supporting environmental protection, disaster management and education.
DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL. The Group generated revenue of more than 55 billion Euros in 2012.
DHL is currently seeking for a:
COUNTRY MANAGER ANGOLA
Located in Luanda, Angola, this person will have the overall accountability for the short and long -term plans that will ensure the long -term success and profitability of the company. This will be achieved by building a strong functional team that have the appropriate direction and leadership to ensure that the strategic and operating plans are developed and implemented according to local regional and global strategic direction.
• Own and manage the organizations P&L and deliver on agreed targets.
• Ensure conformity to regional standards, procedures and policies in order to assure network standards for pick up and delivery are met or surpassed, adhere to financial procedures as defined by Area policy, ensure compliance with Group standards.
• Develop, communicate and implement both the strategic and Annual Operating Plans for the Angola business by coordinating various departmental budgets and business plans, and prepare and defend the corresponding annual country budget
• Achieve all financial targets for the Angola business as identified in the Annual Operating Plan and ensure that the business is positioned in terms of service, pricing and products to achieve DHL objectives.
• To develop and communicate performance versus accepted objectives and apply corrective measures where necessary, through superior management, leadership and personal involvement to ensure DHL is a market leading service provider in Angola.
• Manage cost effective human resources to ensure that the business attracts, develops and retains the right staff and maintains a fair pay structure and performances based remuneration culture in order to achieve an industry leadership position in terms of quality of human resources
• In conjunction with functional managers, and with support of external auditors when required, ensure adequate support for all functions within the entity and take corrective actions where required in order to ensure prompt implementation of reported recommendations (both internal and/or external)
• Monitor and control closely country sales performances through daily reporting, by assisting in the conclusion of new business via senior level contacts and by follow up and support of Key accounts development in order to enhance and protect DHL market share
• Monitor and closely control operational performances by achieving or surpassing network standards for pick-up and delivery, perfect shipment, data transmission, tracing, airport recovery and productivity
• Manage costs directly to ensure and improve on agreed budgetary targets by continual reduction of DSO and improve cash flow, ensure regular transfers to the network owner , and ensure that suitable management accounting tools are in place
• Report monthly business evolution in the country in a timely, clear and precise manner, and answer promptly any request emanating from Area Office and take necessary action when required. Represent DHL at the highest corporate level.
• Ensure the business complies with all legal, statutory and procedural requirements in order to achieve the identity of a law abiding corporate entity.
• Plan, manage, organise and control the DHL business environment in Angola
• Represent DHL to the local authorities and business community to protect and enhance the entity’s status.
• Define and document annual (budget) and revenue and ensures resource and funding allocations are available to support their achievement.
• Maintain a clear overview of the projects and initiatives implemented within the country and their progress towards achievement of the business benefits accrued from their implementation.
• University Degree or equivalent.
• 5 to 7 years experience managing medium to large teams of people.
• The ideal candidate should be already based in Angola with extensive experience in the country.
• Broad understanding of all functional aspects of the business and prior experience managing a complete profit and loss entity.
• High degree of commercial and business acumen and an understanding of the external economic environment and how this may affect DHL’s short and long term planning.
• Achievement Drive
• Holding People Accountable
• Business Acumen
• Commitment to Excel
• Impact & Influence
• Understanding the Key Issue
• Developing People
• Visionary Leadership
• Shaping Strategy
• Developing Relationships
• Commercial Focus
• Analysis and Evaluation