In just five years, BIMA has established itself as one of the fastest-growing and most innovative companies working in emerging markets. BIMA already has thriving operations in 14 markets across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, with 18 million subscribers registered to date. We continue to show a strong growth trajectory, adding over 600,000 new customers per month.
The company is led by a dynamic group of young entrepreneurs seeking to disrupt the industries in which we work and democratize access to vital services for billions of underserved families. We are looking for a talented, intelligent and adventurous individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment to launch our operations in a new African market.
Joining BIMA at this stage of its journey provides you with an opportunity to truly influence the strategy of a global, growing business. We are a vibrant company where ideas and passion are welcomed and you get real responsibility from day one.
We expect the Country Manager to play an instrumental role in the launch and subsequent scale of this new market.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Define BIMA’s business model in the local market, including all aspects of partnership management, contract negotiation, company & legal structuring and product development and pricing
- Build the local operation from scratch, including company registration, licence application, office set up, recruitment of agent network, and other launch related activities
- Responsible for meeting subscriber targets and cost efficiency initiatives for the local entity as a whole (P&L responsibility)
- Carry out day-to-day activities and monitor performance of members of the local team including local management and the sales agent network
- Manage schedules, budgets, financials, and overall company organization to ensure
- plans and new projects are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Fluency in English (Swahili highly desirable)
- 4+ years work experience within an implementation/operational role in the telecoms space, consulting or equivalent experience in PMO in this sector
- MBA from top University is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and understand stakeholders in a multicultural context
- Strong attention to detail, with focus on stakeholder management, product management, product development and performance of distribution channels
- Looking for someone eager to live and work in Kenya and enthusiastic about developing a performance-oriented in-country operation
- Experience within Africa is a must
- Experience within Kenya is highly desirable
Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Plan and prioritize all resources working across the operation based on company goals
- Actively monitor risks to foresee potential issues and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Identify new opportunities and needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Manage client relationship and expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Solve problems confidently; critical thinking, shrewd problem solving and resilience is essential
- Demonstrate the drive and commitment required to turn big ideas into successes