JOB DESCRIPTION – COUNTRY MANAGER
Job Title: Country Manager FEA Supervisor’s Name/Title: GM, Pharma East Africa Cluster
Job Purpose Statement:
To plan, co-ordinate, coach and manage the day-to-day running of the pharmaceutical business in the country, with the view to enabling the company achieve its overall sales and profits objectives for base, vaccines and HSA business units.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
nbsp; Provides strategic direction to the sales and marketing team to ensure delivery of broad business objectives
Implements approved promotional plans through the Medical Representatives to achieve the set objectives.
Recruits, trains, retains (through motivation and coaching) to develop high quality staff
Fosters good relationship with the government and KOLs and ensures compliance with regulatory and the country’s laws.
Oversees the financial function of the business and ensures that controls are in place to enhance accountability and alignment with business strategies including managing debt recoveries.
Provides accurate sales forecasts and manages shipments appropriately to ensure consistent stock supply.
Oversees the shared services functions thereby ensuring smooth company operations.
Drives on-going portfolio and therapeutic analysis that result in optimization of resource allocation and return on investment.
Liaises with the medical and regulatory department in Kenya to coordinate the registration and amendments to already registered products in the country.
Gathers information on market trends and competitor activities to enhance strategic decision making.
Coordinates third party operations to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
Identifies tender opportunities, coordinates the process to ensure that the compamy’s products are included in the institution’s formularies.
Support to the work of others:
- Co-ordinate daily Medical Representative activities by coaching and directing them appropriately.
- Work in liaison with the marketing team on product launch and development of long term strategies.
- Act as intermediaries between the regional distributors and Customer Service Department.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Head of Sales about market matters.
Impact on Market Status-
- Implementation of WSFE.
- Provide market Intelligence.
- Monitor parallel imports and counterfeits in the market.
- Provide timely information regarding adverse events (AE) to regulatory department.
- Ensuring that the Promotion and Marketing Code is adhered to by the team.
- Achieve 70% time in the field target.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports as well as coaching.
- Manage vehicle fleet and other assets such as computers and other IT equipment.
Budgeting, forecasting in undeveloped and turbulent market environments.
Selling both base and HSA second line generics from the same company and to the same doctors and customers and managed by the same Country Manager.
Competing in the same environment with other pharmaceutical companies which engage in unethical practices while we strictly follow the marketing code.
Availing our brands to all corners of the diverse and expansive markets of FEA given the poor infrastructure.
Monitoring and controlling parallel imports in markets with porous borders where rules are not adhered to.
- Knowledge in selling, negotiation, commercial awareness and use of IT.
- Thorough Product knowledge.
- In depth understanding of supply chain processes and how it impacts on product availability & distribution in the country.
- Advanced analytical, interpersonal and people management skills
- Thorough understanding of the trade, prescribers and dispensers.
- Understanding of the political, socio-economic environment.
- Countrywide territorial knowledge.
- Negotiation Skills and Presentation Skills
At least eight years field sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry with refined ability to coach and motivate the sales force.
Good interpersonal skills and integrity are essential.
A biological science university graduate, (including Bvm, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Medicine).