The incumbent operates the deck crane within the designed (SWL) loads in accordance to the de-rating tables applicable to existing weather and sea state condition.
DEPARTMENT AND LOCATION
- The Crane Operator shall have the qualifications as Offshore Crane Operator relevant to Ocean Rig requirements for this position.
- He shall have certificate for Crane Operator and valid health certificate by relevant authorities.
- He must have good knowledge of the English language.
- Fluent Portuguese.
- Angolan nationality or resident card.
- The Crane Operator is delegated the necessary authority to carry out his duties listed in this job description.
- The Crane Operator’s overall responsibilities are, but not limited to the following;
- Operate the deck crane within the designed (SWL) loads in accordance to the de-rating tables applicable to existing weather and sea state condition.
- Ensure that only marked, certified and suitable slings, wires, schackles, blocks and hooks are used and available for use for lifting purposes.
- To maintain the cranes on a daily basis.
- Ensure that repairs and preventive maintenance are properly carried out.
- To weekly inspect the cranes in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- To supervise the Maintenance Workers/Roustabouts.
- To properly carry out all orders and instructions given by his superior.
- Promote on-the-job training.
- Ensure that all personnel under his supervision possess the necessary qualifications and experience to properly carry out the work assigned to them from a professional and safety point of view.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness throughout his area of responsibility.
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills.
- Ensure that all orders and instructions given verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to.
- Ensure that all safety requirements related to his area of responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Ensure that his subordinates use compulsory protective equipment and are safety minded in their day to day work.
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents and non-conformances through the proper channels.
- Be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig and by the Operator, and promote the implementation of same.
- Carry out his duties according to the Emergency and Contingency Manual when needed.
GENERAL INSTRUCTION FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
- Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
- If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.