The Customer Marketing Director is responsible for developing and leading the execution of fully integrated, shopper, customer and channel insights based brand/category solutions & activities for Customer/Channels.
He/she is also responsible for the Trade Category Management activities being the development and implementation of customer/channel specific category plans based on category and shopper insights to grow market share within category.
Lead the Customer Marketing teams:
- Lead and co-ordinate development of shopper insights through dedicated research (budget owner on behalf of CDD) and insight activation
- Identifies and develops business building opportunities with specific customers/channels through the teams and aligns initiatives cross customers
- Build the customer differentiation strategy in close co-operation with the Customer Directors
- Manage total trade investments
- Manage ROI on Customer Marketing activities
- Ensures highest standards of Customer Marketing Plans to deliver category /brand objectives (CMP)
- Ensure full integration of Customer Marketing Plans with Brand Marketing Plans and Customer Business Planning
- Provide Customer input into Innovation program
- Build Channel and Customer thought Leadership
- Ensure dedicated Customer Marketing budgets by customers are agreed and signed off
Lead the Trade Category Management Teams
- Lead the teams in developing quarterly and monthly category plans for assortment, shelf-layout, promotional strategy and price positions, focussing on the target shopper and to run customer specific catman projects
- Directs the teams to measure and review category performance
- Directs the teams to identify and monitor retail margins and customer profitability.
- 9+ years of experience
- Strong Marketing skills and Brand Building experience
- Three to four roles in Brand Building and Customer Marketing/Trade Category Management and Account Management / Field Sales (when wanting to pursuit a Go-to-Market career)
- Customer Facing experience combined with Brand Building experience is ideal
- Three to four roles in Customer Marketing/Trade Category Management and Account Management / Field Sales (when wanting to pursuit a Customer Development career)
- Proven people management capabilities
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.