Ocean Rig is an international offshore drilling contractor providing oilfield services for offshore oil and gas exploration, development and production drilling, and specializing in the ultra-deepwater and harsh-environment segment of the offshore drilling industry.
The company owns and operates 13 offshore ultra deepwater drilling units, comprising of 2 ultra deepwater semisubmersible drilling rigs and 11 ultra deepwater drillships.
Due to expansion Ocean Rig is currently looking for Derrickman for their operations in Angola. We are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who are seeking a fresh and rewarding challenge that will give them the opportunity to work with the latest technology on this project.
The Derrickman’s/Ass. Derrickman’s overall responsibilities/duties are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Work as direct by his immediate superior
- Maintain working areas, tools, equipment and safety harnesses in a safe clean, tidy and orderly manner
- Be familiar with the entire mud system, the safe operation and maintenance of same
- Be familiar with pipe-racking system and how to properly operate same
- Be familiar with pipe tripping operations and how to safely handle and operate all tools and equipment
- Keep up the mud pump log reports on his shift
- Keep the Driller informed as to the consistency of the mud and the general condition of the pumps and mud room
- SPECIAL DUTIES
- Be safely conscious in all his work and behaviour and use compulsory protective equipment
- Report any and all safety hazards to his immediate superior
- Ensure all orders received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to at all time
- Participate in all safety drills and safety meetings held on-board
- Be familiar with all the relevant work and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig AS and by the Operator, and promote the implementation of same
- Be familiar with the alarm instructions/”Station Bill” and accordingly know his lifeboat position and all other applicable duties during safety drills and in an emergency situation
- Carry out his duties according to the Emergency and Contingency Manual when needed
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant practice from submersible or drillship
- Trained Roughneck with minimum 6 months practise in this position
- He shall have a valid health certificate
- He must have good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
- Fluent in Portuguese
- Professional communication in English will be minimum requirements
- Angolan national or resident card
Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.