A key Business Leader in the Ghana Business Unit with responsibility for multiple functions. This role will oversee all aspects Finance, Commercial, Supply Chain, Local Content and Information Systems Management. As part of the Leadership team in Ghana this role will form a key part of the Strategic Review Team in Ghana, and will be required to focus specifically on ensuring that these non-technical functions are given the focus required within the Business Unit to ensure that strategy is developed and executed in line with Group Strategy. The DBS will also play a vital supporting role in ensuring that their functional reports have the necessary challenge and support from the Group functional heads. The DBS will lead the functions and provide mentoring and coaching to direct reports. Clear development plans should be in place for each of the functions that will allow for staff to be engaged actively in individual development.
- Accountable along with executive colleagues in the development of the business strategy for the BU (with a focus on financial, commercial, Supply Chain & Information Systems) in line with Group strategy and ensuring effective management of all functions in each of the company’s assets. Member of the company’s Strategic Review Team.
- Along with the executive team responsible for ensuring development and maintenance of long-term strategy based on long-term financial and production forecasting and scenario building.
- Responsible for overseeing and signing off of short term (3 year plan) by way of a budget at both JV and Corporate levels.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly financial reporting at a group level and ensuring budget holders are provided with up-to-date expenditure and financial forecasting.
- Demonstrate cost leadership through challenge and proactive management of BU budget working in conjunction with the Finance Manager.
- Develop strong working relationship with key functional leads at Group level and ensure alignment between Group and BU strategy.
- Develop strong working relationship with Government and partners in these key areas.
- Develop and manage and motivate, coach and mentor a team of leaders across the functions and ensure where possible leadership development for Ghanaians in line with company commitment to local staff.
- Responsibility for overseeing all budgets managed by reporting functions.
- Degree; Engineering, Science or Numerate degree ideally also with business/commercial studies.
- Likely to have 20+ years experience in the oil/gas sector with significant, demonstrable capability in general oil and gas management or a combination of the functions to be managed in this role.
- Typically, the candidate will have spent time in a general management, Commercial or CFO type role and will had significant exposure to leadership, working in an operational environment where often there is conflict between the day-to-day actions required and the need to keep focused on longer term strategy.
- Strong upstream background. With a Finance/business or Commercial background.
- Excellent understanding of, and experience across, the E&P lifecycle, especially appraisal to production.
- Excellent communications skills and well-versed experience in dealing with diverse cultures.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Well developed skills in empowering a multi functional leadership team
- Strong affinity to coaching and mentoring
- Track record of creating value by entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to close high value transactions;
- In depth knowledge of upstream economic value drivers and analysis
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven leader
- Demonstrate EHS leadership
- Pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Able to influence thinking of others
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Patient; Accommodating and empathetic