To manage all aspects of the company’s assets on behalf of the company, provide technical content to field development plans, promote best practices and ensure that company objectives are represented effectively to maximize profits and growth opportunities
- Represent the Company’s interests in the assets in order to maximize value.
- Positively influence the partners to effectively develop the resources in an efficient and safe manner.
- Work with partners under the respective agreements to ensure that annual budgets are discharged.
- Attend OCMs and represent the Company at TCMs.
- Review and assess Field Development Plans and hydrocarbon reserves determinations.
- Provide asset economic value, KPIs, as required.
- Develop and implement asset strategies and business plans in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Develop, monitor and control, with Finance, all budgets pertaining to the assets.
- Make prudent use of Company technical resources (geoscientists, engineers and commercial staff) as required.
- Monitor and influence production, maintenance and construction activities for the assets.
- Review and assess requests for capital approvals (AFE’s) for project expenditures.
- Develops strong and effective relationships with Government, JV partners and industry stakeholders
- identify growth opportunities in conjunction with the General Manager
- Ensure best practice in all activities
- Delivery of the agreed targets and objectives;
- Initiation and execution of work programs and provision of technical justification as required;
- Monitoring, management and reporting of all key metrics; and
- Responsible for attracting capital for the relevant work programs in the annual budget process through the General Manager
- Tertiary degree in Engineering or Earth Science related discipline with 15 years of upstream E&P experience with the majority time spent in operated roles
- Proven leader, with strong background in operated assets;
- Firm grasp of subsurface essential.
- Familiarity with large asset operations/logistics;
- Good commercial and finance skills ;
- Good understanding of commercial issues related to upstream projects essential.
- Experience of facilities and process engineering projects highly desirable.
- Familiarity with production sharing contracts required
- Facilities and process engineering project management experience – desirable.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to converse at all levels within the Company, joint venture partners, government officials, contracting company’s etc.
- Highly diplomatic with a track record of developing and maintaining strong relations with Local Governmental
- Officials at the highest levels and diverse multicultural stakeholders.
- Driven and highly motivated.
- Proven team builder
- Culturally sensitive.
- Good Negotiator
- Relationship building and management skills
- Good business and personal ethics