1 POSITION SUMMARY
The driller shall play the role of the team leader in charge during the process of drilling.
2 DEPARTMENT AND LOCATION
- The Driller shall be trained as Driller and have minimum 2 years practise from drilling operations. Before entering this position it must be documented that the person have experience from all parts of the drilling operation.
- He shall have a valid Well Control certificate ( IWCF Sub Sea Drillers level ), a valid health certificate.
- He must have good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
- Fluent Portuguese
- Angolan nationality or resident card
- The Driller is delegated the authority to carry out the tasks listed in this job description.
- The Driller’s overall responsibilities/duties are, but are not necessary limited to, the following:
- Familiarise himself with the drilling equipment, BOP control system, diverter system and mud system
- Operate the drilling equipment in accordance with safe practice and operational procedures
- Ensure that choke and kill manifold are properly lined up and that diverter valves operate properly
- Carry out BOP and pit level drill etc. in accordance with Ocean Rig Procedures, regulations laid down by Government authorities or Operating company.
- Responsible for safe working conditions on the drillfloor at all times.
- Ensure that all applicable safety regulations are complied with.
- Ensure that his subordinates use compulsory protective equipment.
- Ensure that all orders given in writing or verbally are fully understood and adhered to.
- Hold pre tour safety meeting pre job meetings with all relevant personnel before start-up of new or difficult jobs.
- Be familiar with all relevant work- and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig AS and Operator, and promote implementation of same.
- Ensure that maintenance is carried out within his area of responsibility in accordance with the planned maintenance program.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained (on the drillfloor.) in all drilling related areas.
- Promote a good relationship with the Operator’s representative onboard.
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills held onboard
- Promote on-the-job training.
- Carry out his duties according to the Emergency and Contingency Manual when needed.
GENERAL INSTRUCTION FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
- Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
- If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.