Education is a powerful driver of development and one of the strongest instruments for reducing poverty, raising incomes, promoting economic growth and shared prosperity, and improving health, gender equality, peace, and stability. The mandate of the Education Global Practice is building effective educational systems, creating and deploying global knowledge, and developing the capacity to deliver results, including through strategic partnerships.
Demonstrated experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility within education sector management in government and/or international organizations.
Senior Specialist – at least 8 years of experience + advanced degree
Specialist – at least 5 years of experience + advanced degree
- Advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field; ideally education, economics, statistics, public policy or related social science fields.
- Sustained record of achieving high-quality substantive results over an extended period in the education sector with experience in addressing complex issues in a holistic manner, and in designing, organizing and helping implement programs with the private and public sectors. Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Education policies, financing and management of education systems, and analysis of public expenditure.
- Education planning, education in fragile contexts, girls’ education, inclusive education, teacher development, skills development, science education, and other relevant areas.
- Differentiated education systems (e.g. centralized, decentralized) and reform of education systems (particularly secondary & higher education).
- Education sector related research, monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiarity with education indicators derived from both administrative sources and household surveys. In addition, knowledge of recent developments in the sector such as ICTs, online learning and early childhood development will be an advantage.