Ocean Rig is an international offshore drilling contractor providing oilfield services for offshore oil and gas exploration, development and production drilling, and specializing in the ultra-deepwater and harsh-environment segment of the offshore drilling industry.
The company owns and operates 13 offshore ultra deepwater drilling units, comprising of 2 ultra deepwater semisubmersible drilling rigs and 11 ultra deepwater drillships.
Due to expansion Ocean Rig is currently looking for Electrician for their operations in Angola. We are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who are seeking a fresh and rewarding challenge that will give them the opportunity to work with the latest technology on this project.
The Electrician’s responsibilities are primarily as follows:
- Be familiar with all electrical systems and equipment onboard. This includes general knowledge about electronic systems and equipment
- Be familiar with relevant procedures and directives (company’s and clients) and promote same towards his co-workers
- Be familiar with regulations related to electrical installations and maintenance as instructed by the Electrical Section Leader
- Carry out work and maintenance on the electrical installations as instructed by the Electrical Section Leader
- Report essential information about the electrical installations and equipment to the Electrical Section Leader
- Assist the Electrical Section Leader with keeping up electrical drawings and documentation;
- Report own jobs (preventive and corrective) into STAR
- Participate in meetings and drills imposed by the superior
- SPECIAL DUTIES
- Instruct all assigned personnel of their duties, their responsibilities and the necessary safety precautions prior to start up of any work
- Ensure that all orders and instruction given in writing or verbally are fully understood and adhered to
- Ensure that all relevant procedures, safety routines and permit requirements are followed
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents and non-conformances through the proper channels
- Carry out duties according to the vessel’s Emergency preparedness Manual
- Inform the superior of any suggestion to make a safer working environment or to make a more efficient operation of the vessel
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- The Electrician shall have qualifications as required in the procedure CO-PRO/3-04 Qualification Requirements
- The Electrician shall also attend the Special training as referred to in the procedure CO-PRO/5-15 Directives for Electrical Section.
Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.