Leads the development, maintenance, communication and implementation of OMEM CST’s IT strategy and architecture taking into account business strategy, industry direction, technology innovation and input from 3rd party delivery partners, across major business segments and domains.
The candidate is individually accountable for implementing and integrating solutions by developing IT strategies, along with associated roadmaps, that support the business and drives simplification across OMEM CST, and ensuring new systems development initiatives are aligned and converge to the OMEM CST strategic architecture.
The Enterprise Architect creates the high level architectural designs to meet the Business and IT needs while working with the rest of the architecture team, the Solution Delivery team, IT Services teams and vendors. They will be responsible for owning the solution which includes: the business impact, feasibility, design, and support creation/updates of a detailed design.
Key result areas and Work Descriptors:
• Serve as the “subject matter expert” Enterprise Architect across all Business Units in OMEM, including OMEM CST.
• Operate primarily as a Business-facing technical resource, focusing on systems rather than specific technologies and, as a result, converts business requirements into cost effective strategic solutions that address identified business challenges.
• Consult with project teams to align projects to the enterprise architecture standards and adhere to architectural governance.
• Responsible for defining the architecture review process and integrating it within departmental and business processes.
• Evaluate, set and maintain technical standards.
• Create prototypes and working examples to drive solutions.
• Handle multiple projects with cross functional teams and business processes.
• Develops high level functional and architectural requirements and approves detailed designs developed by 3rd party suppliers. Responsible to provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation.
• Collaborate with other architects to update architecture documents and other development processes documents.
• To maintain technology expertise through research of innovative technologies, investigation of new supplier offerings and on-going management of strategic suppliers and their product roadmaps.
• Provides technology leadership to programme / project teams and is accountable for the high level architecture of one, or more major business or IT programmes
• Provides technology leadership and is accountable for the development, maintenance, communication and implementation of the technology strategy, architecture and roadmaps of one, or more major business segments and significant global technology domains
• To lead and/or contribute to the shaping and development of feasibility studies, concepts and business cases.
• Influences senior executive stakeholders and be responsible for decisions which have major and far-reaching impact on the strategic direction of technology in the company, on projects and the IT delivery
• To be the trusted source of strategic technology expertise and pro-actively provide technology leadership and guidance to business divisions in their strategic planning and project development lifecycle, including highlighting innovative use of new and existing technologies which may benefit them.
• Provide best practice capability for OMEM CST.
• Understand business requirements and the technology offerings that have been developed to support them.
• Implements and operates the technology governance framework in order to assess all projects and initiatives for `fit’ against the OMEM CST technology strategy, architecture and policies, working to resolve non-conformance with the project
• To ensure understanding and adherence to all relevant company and regulatory policies including completion of any mandatory training requirements.
• Liaises and interfaces with business, business architects and business analysts to ensure that the OMEM IT strategy and architecture supports future business strategy and requirements across all OMEM BU’s.
• Manages the relationships with the business, internal and external suppliers.
• Builds client relationships and create new relationships with potential clients.
• Adheres to expense and revenue targets by way of financial management, as determined by IT Executives, including budget and expense monitoring.
• Provides expert advice, and where appropriate, contributes to the shaping of commercial / contractual arrangements.
• Ensures effective management information is available to guide decision-making by key stakeholders.
Vendor & Contract Management
• Undertakes technology supplier and product selections in conjunction with the business and other areas of the OMEM CST organisation.
• 7 – 10 yrs experience with an appropriate IT qualification (post-graduate preferable)
• Multi-disciplinary application of wide knowledge spanning business and technology.
• Experience with current IT solutions architecture experience from within a Financial Services environment
• A proven track record of not less than 8 years expertise in an IT environment, preferably in a senior IT Architecture or Enterprise IT Architect role, with a strong understanding of technologies in web/digital space
• Good working knowledge of architecture frameworks
• A strong track record of translating business requirements into technology solutions, with a balance between conceptual and technical architecture skills.
• Knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications and IT concepts.
• The ability to operate at a strategic level and incorporate holistic thinking.
• Ability to lead, inspire, build trust with diverse teams and build partnerships and successful teams.
• Adaptable with a high degree of stress tolerance, innovative with the ability to maintain energy.
• Display effective communication and negotiation skills, and be detail conscious.
• Extensive understanding across the breath of IT.
• Evidenced practice of the development and maintenance of IT architecture and IT strategy, with applied understanding, at an enterprise level of architecture.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business people
• The ability to keep business constraints in mind when designing or evaluating IT solutions
• Conceptual thinking and design
• Strategic thinking
• Systems thinking
• Aligning performance for success.
• Gaining commitment.
• Planning & organising.
• Thinking skills.
• Enterprise Innovation
• Team Orientation.
• Continuous Renewal.
• Technical/professional knowledge.