The Environment and Natural Resources Global Practice has three broad functions: providing clients the lending and other services needed to support sustainable natural resources management, pollution management, climate change action, and policy reforms; working to mainstream environmental considerations into their policies, strategies, and operations; and providing technical input to other sectors to implement the Bank Group’s environmental policies and ensure that development interventions do no harm.
Demonstrated experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility within environmental management in government and/or international organizations.
Senior Specialist – at least 8 years + advanced degree
Specialist – at least 5 years + advanced degree
- Advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant field; ideally environmental science, forestry, environmental economics, environmental policy, engineering or other environmental/social discipline.
- Proven track record and expertise in environmental and social aspects of development projects with the private and public sectors. Candidates should possess formal technical merit, and extensive development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Environmental risk management
- Forests, watersheds and sustainable landscapes
- Fisheries and coastal resources
- Pollution management and environmental health
- Policies, institutions and environmental economics
- Agriculture, climate change
- Environmental and social assessments and audits, compliance assessments
- Air and water quality management
- Pollution control and prevention technology;
- Broad multi-regional experience and international exposure preferred.