Grade/Level: VP, Reporting to Head of Equity Sales CEEMEA
To sell the Citi Investment Research (“CIR”) product and access to the Citi Platform to the identified South African (“SA”) and International client base. Additionally there may be the requirement to service selected international clients on the SA product.
Within the SA equities business which in turn forms part of the CEEMEA equities franchise. The sales function plays an important role in harnessing the expertise of our desk and our analysts, ensuring that Citi clients receive a best in class service from the equities business.
- Development of business relationships with assigned institutional client accounts. Growing the client base by introducing clients with adequate profile and scope.
- Marketing of the SA research product to clients of the SA equities business. This will include regular contact with the portfolio managers of the institutional clients of the business, the arranging of roadshows and corporate events, et al.
- Work closely with the sales traders and assist in the identification of sales / purchase opportunities and ideas
- Interface with the internationally based CEEMEA sales team to ensure an integrated approach to distribution.
- Interface with ECM in support of IBD transactions, where applicable.
- Interface with the Derivatives team so as to promote Derivatives as an Equities product to key identified clients
- Client account management responsibilities, including the relevant account ratings for assigned accounts, in conjunction with the rest of the Sales team.
- Generate Alpha generating trade Ideas using multiple financial instruments.
- Expansion of coverage internationally where agreed and appropriate.
- International mobility
- Three to Five years experience in the South African equities market, preferably in a client facing / Research capacity.
- Institutional client specific knowledge (investment style, Portfolio composition, AUM etc) and a good fundamental understanding of Equity analysis are specific requirements.
- Good knowledge of all financial instruments incl. derivatives, Fixed Income and Investment Banking (ECM).
- Relevant sell-side experience may also be considered in the absence of equities specific experience.
- The individual requires a thorough knowledge of the equity market dynamic, overlain by an understanding of valuation and investment theory.
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of Equity Research at minimum. Experience in Research preferred.
- A basic understanding of the different Asset Classes – FI, FX, Commodities, Derivatives
- A qualification from a recognised tertiary education institution.
- South African regulations: Registered Persons Exams, encompassing the relevant SAIFM modules.
- US Series 7 (if servicing US clients) and FSA (if required to service UK clients).
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Attention to detail