To drive the development, implementation and realisation of a winning vision, supporting strategy and aligned business value chain for the Africa & New Markets Division that supports the growth and development of the Mutual & Federal business through (1) directing the continued generation of value and growth from the existing operations and investments in the rest of Africa while leading the expansion of the Mutual & Federal business into new countries and (2) actively growing and developing the Mutual & Federal proposition for the New Markets segment within South Africa as well as the rest of Africa and lead its successful deployment in line with the company’s business strategy and underwriting objectives.
- Drive the development, planning for, implementation and take ultimate accountability for the strategy and operating model for the Africa and New Markets Division, partnering with the Chief Executive Officer in response to the applicable business model and Mutual & Federal strategy.
- Establish an aligned divisional Balanced Scorecard focused on the implementation, measuring and management of the divisional strategy.
- Determine the business value chain for the Africa and New Markets Division and ensure that this value chain is aligned and integrated with the Mutual & Federal value chain.
- Drive strategic and targeted market research and the development of a leading customer value proposition for each identified market segment.
- Drive the development and maintenance of an appropriate and leading brand strategy for the Division.
- Drive the development and maintenance of a flexible yet sustainable and appropriate organisational architecture for the Division.
- Drive the development and maintenance of a winning product development and lifecycle capability.
- Drive the development of commercially astute business cases for the introduction of new products and services and/or the refinement of existing products and services.
- Drive the introduction, marketing and sales of products and services to the markets serviced by the Division.
- Drive the development of winning, mutually beneficial and sustainable strategic relationships with identified partners in the various countries and markets serviced by the Division e.g. regulatory authorities, intermediaries, intra group parties, etc.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Finance, drive the identification, engagement and commercialisation of potential merger and/or acquisition targets.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Underwriting drive the development and maintenance of appropriate underwriting principles and guidelines for the Division.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Operations drive the establishment and maintenance of operational excellence and customer service as a source of competitive advantage
- Appropriate Degree
- Post Graduate Degree preferable.
- Leadership/Management qualification an advantage
- 7-10 years financial services experience of which at least 5 years should have been at a senior/executive level
- 5 – 10 years short term insurance preferred
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.