Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Finance Manager –Regulatory Reporting & Tax Compliance to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Chief Finance Officer
Responsible for: Central Bank, DFIs and Tax matters compliance
Purpose of Role
The Job holder will manage the Regulatory and DFI’s Report, and financial consolidation and ensure compliance to tax matters. He will serve on the senior management team to provide the comfort on Regulatory and Tax compliances.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Manage end to end Preparation of B.O.T Reports (Daily, Weekly, bi-weekly, Monthly etc)
- Manage preparation of Quarterly Reports for Publications and DFIs returns timely.
- Engage and ensure fully automations of all regulatory reports
- Control duties such as preparations of reports, required by regulatory authorities and other stakeholders-
- Perform sensitivity and forecast for immediate highlighting possible non-compliance of statutory issues.
- Regular capital management planning and forecasting. Ensure optimization of capital structure and appropriate mix of tier I and II capital while monitoring capital adequacy levels.
- Manage compliance with tax laws and all tax & levies aspects including transfer pricing, withholding taxes, indirect taxes, PAYE and tax planning.
- Preparation of monthly and annual taxation computations and returns
- Review monthly deferred taxation calculations/ reconciliations.
- New and existing product evaluation to determine taxation impact.
- Optimization of Bank taxation expense, by identifying areas of tax savings.
- Liaise with Tax Consultants on tax related matters including tax planning.
- Liaison with Tanzania Revenue Authority on all matters relating to taxation.
- Responsible for tax side of budgets and forecasts.
- Review and sign off all tax related reconciliation accounts prepared monthly e.g. PAYE, WHT etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned or allocated by her immediate supervisor.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate in Accounts / Finance
- Knowledge of applicable laws & regulations – Central Bank and Tax & Levies
- Relevant experience in finance & tax matters or a related subject
- Good analytical skill
- Honesty and Integrity
- Observe confidentiality at all times
- Good team player and hard working