Overall Purpose of the Job
The Expro Group operates via a regional structure covering its target markets. Each Region contains key functions and operational areas which are dedicated to developing and safely delivering the Group’s strategy for profit growth.
Each Region is headed by a Region Director who has overall responsibility for developing and delivering his region strategy against Group HSE and profit expectations.
The Area Finance manager is responsible for providing financial, commercial and administrative support to Area Management, and effective reporting to Region.
1. Responsibility for the Area finance functions
2. Provide financial/commercial support to the Area Manager and as required within the Area.
3. Financial reporting including monthly management accounts and monthly forecasts.
4. To develop the Area Budget and monitor/control delivery of this budget.
5. To effectively manage the processing of invoice receivables and payables in order to minimise working capital requirements
6. To ensure financial compliance consistent with Group and Region requirements.
7. To support Group/Region on any legal and tax compliance issues within the Area.
8. To effectively implement and support any relevant Group/Region systems.
9. To provide base support/administration as required by Area Manager and Region Finance Manager.
Job Context and Main Activities
The position operates within the management structure of the Angola Region. The main activities involved in achieving objectives include management of direct reports, interaction with other departments, training, and application of accounting experience and working with Group finance.
Direct supervision of finance department in Angola
Functional supervision of Remotes finance personnel
The preparation and reporting of monthly regional Flash reports
The preparation and reporting of monthly regional Financial Forecasts
The reporting of monthly management accounts to Region Manager
Assist Area Manager and Region Finance Manager in the preparation of the annual budget
Recover invoice payments from clients
Interpretation and analysis of monthly results with the implementation of resultant required actions
Provide an interface with Region on financial and commercial matters
Provide commercially minded support for the Area Manager in bid evaluations, investment appraisal and contract performance, if required, to assist Region Business Development Manager
Decision making Authority/Level of Supervision Required
Manage Finance team with minimal supervision. Work to set financial authorities.
Achieve reporting schedule targets, Support Region finance development, Support and promote Area finance team development, Reduce working capital requirements for Region
Job Knowledge and Experience
Qualification – accountancy, to professional qualification level
Industry experience – 5 years relevant experience
Supervisory Skills – experience managing groups