Career Opportunity with L’Oreal – Formulation Development Chemist
Key Job Accountabilities:
Assist in developing, adapting and conducting experiments and protocols in a prompt manner with a view to creating and developing new products; ensuring follow-up and monitoring use of products over time.
- Create products through development stages defined with managers; draw up and/or approve operating procedures; evaluate product performance; ensure stability, conformity and safety; contribute to laboratory innovation projects.
- Ensure successful follow-up on formula projects in line with specifications and lead times; provide feedback on the quality of the formula/product.
- Work with support services and/ or contacts in industry and marketing; monitor and validate product manufacturing (Demi-Grand, factories, etc.) at each stage of development.
- Ensure sustainable laboratory procedures to pass on knowledge and expertise.
- Develop and safeguard knowledge (patents, etc.).
- Ensure lab resources are in good working order; ensure compliance with safety regulations and quality procedures in force in the laboratory.
- Scientific and technical excellence.
- Transforms scientific/technical knowledge into discovery or inventions.
- Creates actives, technologies and products to maximize the perceived performance.
- Interprets results in the most relevant way and communicates them with integrity.
- Continuously develops expertise and researches new technologies or methods.
- Shares and passes on scientific/technical expertise.
Creativity inspired by cosumers
- Develops knowledge of consumers in all their diversity.
- Proposes creative ideas or scientific concepts based on consumer insights.
- Translates consumer/market insights into outstanding product performance goal.
- Maximizes major innovation projects, prioritize and simplify.
- Ensures compliance with quality, safety and sustainability.
- Acts with a local and global perspective to achieve the multipolar innovation goals.
- Promotes collaboration among functions to ensure collective performance.
- Fosters dialogue with the business and brands to transform innovation into big market opportunities.
- 3 – 5 years hands on formulation experience
- Proven track record
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable using IT Tools
- Acts with human sensitivity
- Displays sensitivity to our “métier”
- Achieves results, with integrity
- Manages complexity
- Interacts effectively