The APMT AME Region is located in Dubai and covers the following geographic areas: Africa (excludes North Africa and the Mediterranean coast) and Middle East. The Region includes wholly owned terminals, and joint ventures with a current portfolio of 13 terminals and numerous Inland Services entities.
To the right candidate we offer an exciting and challenging position in a truly international, cultural diverse and busy environment where the candidate through commitment and high performance will have great possibilities of personal development.
- Take active part in developing the strategy for the Business Development team including identifying potential investment opportunities i.e. locations matching APMT’s investment criteria.
- Develop and secure projects in scope – be in a support role for large or strategic key projects.
- Prepare commercial and investment analysis for new terminals, depots, trucking and rail projects and major expansions in existing terminals – lead smaller projects and support larger ones.
- Develop recommendations for attractiveness of investments, proposal for negotiation process and recommendation on business plan and budget – lead activities on smaller projects and provide support for larger ones.
- Screen and evaluate projects, incl. technical feasibility evaluation.
- Coordinate technical planning in cooperation with various departments.
- Support departmental reporting and administrative activities as requested.
- Internal and External stakeholder management hereunder participate as part of negotiation and steering committees when needed due to complexity.
- Keep abreast of market developments (incorporating supply/demand, competition etc.).
Who are we looking for
- A college degree in Marketing/Sales or similar would be preferred for the holder of this position.
- Minimum 6 years experience in relevant fields.
- Possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and strong communication skills as well as a passion for success.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with divergent interests.
- High energy, drive and interest in taking on new tasks.
- Well organized, timely, and persistent.
- Advanced sales and negotiation skills.
- Good financial understanding.
- Sound commercial awareness.
- Good understanding of the transport industry, specifically ports and container business.
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- French language skills would be highly advantageous.