Based in Lagos (or Abuja) and reporting to the Nigeria Country Manager, the General Manager Stakeholder & Government Relations Nigeria is a new role and will work closely with Terminal and Inland Service management teams within Nigeria.
- To keep abreast of governmental development related to policy and infrastructure that might influence APM Terminals Nigeria.
- To influence governmental and other stakeholders related to policymaking, growth, investments etc. in order for APM Terminals Nigeria to be a part of developing the country overall and realizing its ambitions to become the recognized leading port and inland service operator in West Africa.
- To create relationships with governmental and other stakeholders of different levels and locations, as well as local partners.
- To act as a link between APM Terminals Nigeria and governmental and other stakeholders.
- The successful candidate is a Nigerian national with local and international work experience and/or a multinational company background.
- Requires a university degree in business administration, economics, finance, or related field.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience either working with or within stakeholders including Nigerian governmental bodies, business partners, Joint Ventures, NGOs, investors, boards.
- Must be capable of developing good working relationships and cooperation with diverse external stakeholders as well as APM Terminals staff.
- Must have knowledge of the political landscape and be able to develop the right networks
- Must be self-driven, hands on and persistent.
- Must be a strong communicator, well-mannered and influential with diverse stakeholders.
- Must have a proven track record of successfully influence stakeholders through professionalism and with high business ethics.
- As an added advantage, you are able to speak Hausa language
To the right candidate we offer an exciting and challenging position in a truly international, cultural diverse and busy environment where the candidate through commitment and high performance will have great possibilities of personal development. He/she will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, as well as experienced leaders with a strong international background. The position will be based in Lagos (or Abuja).