Reporting to the Assigned Coach, the role holder will actively participate in the accelerated Graduate Management Program in order to achieve a high level of competence and acquire the potential to become a next generation leader and take on substantive roles on successful completion of the program.
- Participate as an active member in the Safaricom Graduate Management Program;
- Take responsibility for and commit to continuous self-development throughout the 18 month duration of the program in order to achieve a high level of competence as outlined by the program specifications;
- Observe all Safaricom policies, procedures and demonstrate Safaricom Way behaviors and values;
- Adopt to different working environments and team cultures;
- Make sound judgments and make effective, timely decisions;
- Be positive and courageous and seek opportunities to learn and develop;
- Inspire and influence others;
- Work with his/her coach to maintain a performance rating of meet and preferably exceed set expectations;
- Attend and pass all core training prerequisites and programs within the specified time-frames;
- Successfully manage and complete all assigned projects and assessments as per program requirements and schedule;
- Commit to be available to work in any part of the business during the program and be placed in any department within the business aligned to the GMP;
- Identify business and program improvement opportunities and communicate these to the program coordinator or assigned coach as applicable and by so doing actively contribute to the growth and development of the Safaricom business;
- Willingly and continuously share knowledge and learning with program peers as well as coaches and program managers;
- Accurately maintain and update his/her personal portfolio of evidence to ensure all learning received (both on and off the job) is captured over the program duration.
- Must have graduated with an upper Second Class honors Undergraduate Degree from an accredited University within the current year or 1year prior to the advertisement date;
- Additional Professional Qualifications are desired for specific Functions for example Finance-CPA (K), ACCA and RISK – CISA, CIM;
- Innovation hungry, Ambitious and a team player;
- Tech Savvy and analytical;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstration of Leadership Skills, creativity, critical thinking and versatility.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16 – 18 May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.