Reporting to the Head of Regional Operations, the role holder will monitor energy and material consumption by performing site audits and conducting energy and sustainability analyses, to identify opportunities to increase energy efficiencies, promote renewable resources, and minimize the social, environmental, and financial impacts of the regional network operations. The role holder will be expected to bring a foundation of knowledge on renewable energy, energy efficiency and smart grid sectors, technologies, supporting policies and global market trends in Sustainable Development, Energy Security, Corporate Carbon Management, Supply Chain Greening etc.
- Facilitate feasibility studies of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects;
- Conduct practical research into appropriate energy technologies;
- Carry out technical due diligence in support of prospective investments in the identified energy efficiency and renewable energy projects;
- Carry out technical due diligence in support of prospective investments in sustainable energy technologies;
- Develop and implement corporate sustainable energy strategies and monetization of carbon credits generated by clean energy projects;
- Liaising with and providing technical support to mechanical and electrical design engineers on new and refurbishment projects regarding sustainability and energy conservation;
- Carry out site inspections and energy surveys;
- Benchmarking energy consumptions against best practice guidelines;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental/ Energy or related discipline;
- Over 5 years of work experience in energy efficiency and/or renewable energy;
- Experience in greenhouse gas inventories/reporting a plus.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills at multiple organizational levels.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16 – 18 May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.