Job Purpose Statement:
- HIV Launch Lead and key contact for Kenya, Eastern Africa, Central Africa, and Western Africa. (Kenya will be the main private market with most other countries being public tender market.)
• To provide strategic direction on new product introduction and development of new markets.• To develop product positioning, pricing and HCP segmentation in key markets. • To achieve sales and profit targets, by resourcing & complementing the activities of the commercial sales team. • Leading the new product introduction team consisting of GPMs RSMs BDM & CD• Localise and implement global marketing strategies, plans and materials so as to maximize profitability.• Use of the STAR tool to develop comprehensive marketing excellence program plans• Forecasting to ensure product availability for sale and to achieve targeted forecast accuracies.• Conducting market research to uncover potential business opportunities in the markets, to determine economic viability and launch new products where appropriate to maximize profitability of portfolio.• Training of sales team on disease/pathology, product and positioning of brands in portfolio• Drawing up & implementation of direct to consumer campaigns• Developing compelling communication with distribution channel members & with HCPs• Setting and managing profitable and competitive pricing policies which are approved by the marketing director• Managing the HIV sales representatives
• Lobbying & networking with KOL’s, officials of professional associations & policy makers in order to ensure growth and profitability of business• Establishing & co – ordinating advisory boards to establish policy & guidelines, journal clubs & their activities to improve business potential. • Plan and implement marketing activities that will enhance the sales force activities in order to achieve set targets.• Drawing up & implementation of appropriate materials for HCPs, direct to consumer communication etc• Managing Advertising & Promotion budget for maximum return: overall responsibility in ensuring company assets are used appropriately• Managing customer expectations: ensuring that customers needs are met • Project sponsor – providing appropriate leadership and development of the medical representatives by assisting the team and individuals to perform their tasks and deliver on projects assigned • Monitor sales performance vs. budgets/forecasts and recommend tactical marketing action.• Through working with sales management – evaluate and support performance of both products and sales force against set objectives and to make any necessary recommendations and actions to improve sales.
• To ensure that all marketing activities adhere to promotion and marketing code to achieve performance with integrity• Work contact with sales force to ensure clear, concise dissemination of key messages and correct use of promotional materials• Work with HIV medical team to ensure requirements in these markets are supported
• Commercial Awareness and Acumen • Team Leadership & People Development Skills • Business Focus & Account Management• Market research analysis, planning, implementation and control processes• Analytical thinking skills• Interpersonal skill & influencing for results• Budgeting and forecasting in an uncertain environment.• Develop compelling communication for the diverse markets
• Undergraduate degree Pharmacy, Medicine or Biological Sciences• An understanding of marketing either by post-graduate qualifications (e.g. MBA, CIM) or previous relevant job experience. • Extensive knowledge & deep understanding of pathology / disease and GSK products as well as competitor products• At least 5 years experience in medical field in sales representative role.• Sound understanding of Marketing related processes, procedures and tools.• People Management Skills.• Strong computer literacy including Microsoft office, Future View, JDE, Cognos • Proven communication skills • Facilitation and negotiation skills • Strategic and analytical thinking.
Level of Accountability:
• Kenya business of Kshs 1,128,641,179 B net sales (GPB 9.4M)• Total team of: – sales managers, – GSK reps, – admin staff.