To develop and manage a strategy and operating model for the Specialist, Corporate & Niche department that supports the growth and development of the Mutual & Federal Corporate , Specialist and Niche business through developing, implementing and managing fit-for-purpose broker relationship, sales and business development initiatives.
- Develop, plan for, implement and take accountability for the strategy and operating model of the Specialist, Corporate & Niche Department, partnering with the Executive: Sales in response to the business model and Mutual & Federal strategy.
- Establish an aligned departmental Balanced Scorecard focused on the implementation, measuring and management of the departmental strategy.
- Develop and implement a strategy for integration of niche UMA business into all sales regions to support Mutual & Federal growth.
- Determine the business value chain for the Specialist, Corporate & Niche Department and ensure that this value chain is aligned and integrated with the Sales Division value chain.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Brand, Customer & Transformation contribute to strategic and targeted market research.
- Drive the development of a leading customer value proposition for each identified market segment.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Brand, Customer & Transformation contribute to the development and maintenance of an appropriate leading brand strategy for Mutual & Federal.
- Develop and maintain of a winning and fit-for-purpose portfolio management strategy.
- Develop and maintain a winning product development and lifecycle capability.
- Develop and maintain winning business development strategies and management practices.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Operations contribute to excellence in product fulfilment.
- Develop and maintain a winning and fit-for-purpose customer lifecycle strategy.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Underwriting contribute to a winning and fit-for-purpose reinsurance strategy
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in financial sector
- 8 years’ experience in field of sales and business development
- 5 years’ experience in the management of people, at least at manager of manager level
- Relevant degree in sales, marketing and/or business development
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.