To develop, implement and manage a strategy and operating model for the Non-Traditional Market throughout Africa that supports the growth and development of the Mutual & Federal business through actively growing and developing the Mutual & Federal proposition for the Non-Traditional Markets segment within South Africa as well as the rest of Africa and lead its successful deployment in line with the company’s business strategy and underwriting objectives. Furthermore, to ensure that relevant product offerings, underwriting principles, distribution tactics and operational excellence are maintained as a source of competitive advantage
- Develop, plan for, implement and take accountability for the strategy and operating model for Non-Traditional Markets, partnering with the Executive: Africa & New Markets in response to the business model and Mutual & Federal strategy.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Africa & New Markets, determine the best go-to-market business format for Non-Traditional Markets.
- Establish an aligned Balanced Scorecard focused on the implementation, measuring and management of the market strategy.
- Determine the business value chain for Non-Traditional Markets and ensure that this value chain is aligned and integrated with the Mutual & Federal value chain.
- Drive strategic and targeted market research and the development of a leading customer value proposition for each identified market segment.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an appropriate and leading brand strategy for the Division.
- Drive the development and maintenance of a flexible yet sustainable and appropriate organisational architecture for the Division.
- Drive the development and maintenance of a winning product development and lifecycle capability.
- Drive the development of commercially astute business cases for the introduction of new products and services and/or the refinement of existing products and services.
- Drive the introduction, marketing and sales of products and services to the markets serviced.
- Develop and maintain a winning and fit-for-purpose portfolio management strategy.
- Develop and maintain winning business development strategies and management practices.
- Develop and maintain a winning and fit-for-purpose customer lifecycle strategy.
- Contribute to the development and management of a winning and fit-for-purpose reinsurance strategy, where applicable.
- Drive the development of winning, mutually beneficial and sustainable strategic relationships with identified partners in the various countries and markets serviced e.g. regulatory authorities, intermediaries, intra group parties, etc.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Underwriting drive the development and maintenance of appropriate underwriting principles and guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Operations drive the establishment and maintenance of operational excellence and customer service as a source of competitive advantage
- Drive the process of operational change and business integration within Non-Traditional Markets and ensure all related initiatives are managed with the required disciplines or governance protocol.
- 5 – 10 years’ business development relevant experience; insurance preferred
- 5 – 8 years’ experience running a business
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the management of people, at least at manager of manager level
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Post graduate qualification preferred
- Industry qualification advantageous
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.