The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by developing opportunities for business development in trade projects and export development finance at the regional level and providing leadership for various branch administrative matters as may be required in liaison with the Administrative Services department.
The position holder is supposed to participate in drawing up annual marketing plans for the region and overseeing the implementation of these plans for the achievement of the Bank’s objectives in these areas.
- Preparation of an annual Regional Marketing Plan derived from the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval;
- Implementing strategies for entering various segments of the trade finance market and investment banking in the region;
- Implementing marketing plans as approved by the Bank and actively securing mandates and business in the above market segments.
- Evaluating and reviewing credit proposals from the region and making recommendations on the same to management;
- Representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known.
- Managing staff, Bank’s assets and property at the Branch in liaison with the Administrative Services Department.
- Maintaining and improving the Bank’s image in the region
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a recognized post graduate professional qualification in Banking;
- Sound experience of at least 12 years with a leading financial services organisation and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in Paris, 11th -13th of April 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.