• A highly dynamic and evolving field of Value Added services in the Telecommunications and parallel businesses.
• Fast changing/evolving products and services
• Macro economics and the effectiveness of local currency
• Increasingly competitive marketplace
• Range of suppliers and flux with changing environment
• Convergence of technologies
Key Performance Areas
• Oversee the day-to-day activities of MTN ICT Services plc and report to the General Manager circumstances / events of concern to the company with his observations and recommendations.
• Manage the operations execution to deliver on the business objectives
• Represent the company before all existing and potential business partners, persons, organizations and offices at both local and federal level including local MNO and other service providers,
• Attend meetings with suppliers, local network operator and sign minutes of meeting;
• Negotiate and sign local contracts related to the operations as authorised by the General Manager
• Maintain financial control on day-day financial operation activities
• Responsible for managing the budget and providing timeous reports
• Project manage the delivery of new products and services for the market in line with the business strategy
• Engage local content providers and organisations to build relationships to deliver new products & services for MTN
• Managing customer complaints on services in line with the MTN processes
• BSc Information Systems / Computer Science / relevant degree / experience.
• 3-5 years VAS platforms experience (across all platforms and services)
• 2-3 years GSM/UMTS Network experience
• Project and programme management experience.
• GSM telco experience.
• Other telco experience (preferred)
• Vendor and industry accreditations preferred (e.g. DBA, CCIE, TOGAF, eTOM, ITIL)
• Broad knowledge of IT systems specifically within the Telco area
• Hands-on experience in normalised and dimensional data modeling
• Strong skills in analysing products & services in the telco space
• Demonstrated competency in project management, implementation of new technologies and work processes
• Thorough understanding of technology trends and developments
• Strong business acumen
• Knowledge of MTN Marketplace