To manage the Angola IT Infrastructure team ensuring that service quality is of a consistently high standard across all offices.
Reporting to the Group Infrastructure manager, this role is pivotal in ensuring that IT Infrastructure is provided within Angola that meets the requirements of the business to support the present and expected future growth.
- Day to day management of a regional team covering Desktop Support and Operations functions
- Identifying and escalating high priority issues impacting the global businesses
- Ensuring that the business users are kept informed of progress on problems impacting them.
- Providing daily/weekly management reports to senior management showing progress, risks and issues.
- Providing expert assistance on projects as appropriate
- To own and ensure the delivery of part/full infrastructure projects as agreed
Flexibility on working hours is essential; some out of hours work will be required where needed to meet the business needs.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- 7+ years within IT Infrastructure/desktop support
- 3+ users in a regional / global management role
- 3+ years of managing teams of at least 10 people.
- 3+ years in a financial or trading environment.
- 3+ years of controlling budget and financial reporting
Ability to demonstrate the following
- A good understanding of standard ITIL processes
- A good understanding of IT within a global organisation
- Experience of working in a high volume, time critical, environment
- Experience of designing and implementing processes in a multi-site 24×7 environment.
- Experience of vendor management
- Ability to handle customers with different levels of technical and business knowledge
- A basic knowledge of trading processes, language and functions of different teams within the business
- Ability to effect change
- Experience of leading geographically dispersed teams
- Experience of defining, measuring and meeting global SLAs and KPIs
A strong grasp of the following technologies/software
- Hands on operational skills with proven problem solving skills
- Stakeholder management
- Datacentre management
- Resource and talent management
Basic technical knowledge in some of the following areas
- Networking and Telephony
- Storage technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication, both with business users and internal IT teams
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and manage several issues simultaneously
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to manage a team in a technical service/support environment
- Ability to cope with changing priorities
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Willingness to recommend and try new working practices
- Internal IT Teams
- Business users
- Angola Business leaders
- Third party vendors
All suitable candidates will be contacted within a maximum period of two weeks.