Main Purpose of Position
- Reporting to the Country Managing Director, the Head of Manned Security coordinates the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to customers, in compliance with legislation, G4S policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets.
- The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring the quality standards of manned security services, ensuring adherence to regional standards.
Key Performance Areas
- Effective management of the division’s financial performance
- Manage relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts
- Initiate cost saving model and controls
- Gross Margin Management
- Ensure Labour Efficiency according to standards
- Ensure Overheads control according to standards
- Achieve Contract profitability according to targets
- Prevent claims through regular customer risk assessments
- Achieve existing Revenue Growth
- Manage escalation to completion
Effective management of the division’s people performance
- Proper allocation of employees to positions to fulfil contract requirements
- Analyse and address employee turnover
- Ensure appropriate level employee training and development
- Maintain excellent employee motivation, performance management and engagement
- Ensure employees adhere to standards and address accordingly in line with G4S policies and procedures
Client retention and maintaining customer service levels
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and documented
- Ensure quality service delivery in line with the ‘G4S Way’
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers, driven by the promotion of integrated security solutions.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the Country/region.
- Involvement in community and business forums and general public profile
- Successful completion of higher schooling qualification +3
- Driver’s License
- Two to five years’ work experience.
- Five years’ experience in security management (either armed forces, police services or similar) with exposure to manned security services
- Leading people: The capacity to lead others in the achievement of their objectives.
- Delivering performance: The capacity to deliver performance through self and others.
- Managing professionally: The capacity to manage self and others professionally at all times.
- Collaborating and Co-operating: The capacity to identify and share best practice and/or resources
- Driving Change: The capacity to role model and drive change
- Written communication skills, at a high proficiency level
- Verbal communication skills, at a high proficiency level for both English and French language(s)
Computer proficiency in:
- Microsoft Word: Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel: Intermediate level
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Basic level
- EasyRoster: Advantageous
- VIP Payroll: Advantageous
- Google Mail and Google Drive: Advantageous