The organisation is a privately-held, profitable Nigerian drinks business with a portfolio of long-standing, well-loved brands and a history of stable operations dating back to the 1960s. The board is seeking key leadership talent to drive the next phase of the organisation’s ambitious growth plans.
The Head of Manufacturing is responsible for leading the manufacturing capability of the organisation to deliver sought after growth in portfolio sales, by implementing improved quality standards and driving their achievement, by optimising the layout and organisation of facilities and processes and by managing the team to deliver excellence.
The organisation seeks to take its successful Nigerian brands to a wider audience across the continent and around the world, and with demand growing quickly, a dynamic and transformative Head of Manufacturing will ensure that supply, both in terms of quality and quantity, keeps up with this exciting progress.
• Overall management of the production process for some of Nigeria’s leading drinks brands
• Improve and enforce quality standards in drinks manufacture to support growth plans
• Achieve required production outputs to ensure product supply keeps pace with demand
• Manage efficiency of production processes
• Install a maintenance culture to enable target uptime of machinery
• Manage receipt, storage and handling of raw materials
• Lead the expansion of the crude alcohol distillation plant
• Lead the design of factory layout
• Determine machine and production line arrangement
• Identify new equipment and production lines to optimise future production
• Manage a lean, energised and motivated workforce across all functions
Qualifications and Experience
• First degree from a reputable university, ideally in engineering or food technology
• MBA or a master’s degree would be an advantage
• Professional project management, quality assurance and drinks industry qualifications may be advantageous
• 10 years’ manufacturing experience in drinks
Skills and Attributes
• Demonstrable track record of successfully managing production and packaging of drinks
• Experience in distillation, particularly crude alcohol to ENA
• Experience in blending alcoholic drinks products to deliver outstanding products
• Experience in alcohol bottling and packaging. Experience in multiple packaging formats and materials beneficial.
• Experience designing factory and production line layouts
• Experience in dealing with factory utilities, electricals and boilers
• Resilient character ready to roll up sleeves
• A proven leader & team builder able to develop talent, guide, mentor, encourage and discipline / take tough calls
• Strong leadership, organizational & management abilities
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and good interpersonal relationships.
The right person will believe in and be energised by the organisation’s Vision & Mission, embracing their values;
• Leading through Best Practice,
• We Care