Reports to Managing Director
Direct Subordinates (Job Titles) HR Director, Operations Managers, Head of Sales, Business Performance Manager, Financial Controller
Internal Finance Director, HR Director, Head of Sales, Operations Managers, Support staff personnel
External Customers, Suppliers
Main Purpose of Position:
The Head of Operations manages the safe and effective delivery of quality contractual and ad-hoc integrated security services to customers within the country, in compliance with legislation, company policies, processes and procedures, to ensure the achievement of budgeted financial targets and customer service level.
Key Performance Areas:
Effective management of the financial performance
Manage relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts
- Initiate cost saving models and controls
- Gross Margin Management:
- Direct Wage control / planning system management
- Fleet costs
- Overheads control
- Contract profitability analysis
Existing Revenue Growth:
- Price escalations are achieved
Manage cash flow:
- DSO management
Effective management of staff within the country
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Ensure the provision of high quality induction, onboarding and ongoing training for front-line employees, ensuring that they are equipped and prepared to deliver the service
- Attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions, meeting of employment equity goals, succession planning.
Staff motivation levels
- Promote a health and safety culture within the workplace
- Manage personal resources and own professional development
- Undertake other activities as required
Effective management of operations
Client retention and customer service levels
- Proportion of contracts lost
Quality Management/Ops Process management – adherence to quality standard
- QA audit results and operational matrix
Shared Best Practice
- Specific examples of implementation of BP from other countries
Effective management of business development function
New business development
- Assist the Head of Sales to establish an effective ISS marketing plan and structure to effect ISS growth
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the country.
Managing and shaping the external environment
Involvement in community and business forums and general public profile
- Relevant Business qualification preferred.
- Background in security management.
- 5+ years’ experience in a business and/or operational senior management position.
- Strong commitment, leadership and management skills.
- Results and customer focus
- Experience in establishing medium-term growth strategies and strong operating mechanisms for performance.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, marketing and negotiation skills.
- Capable of working effectively and productively with team members.
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Experienced in living and working in a professional commercial capacity overseas.
- Ability to maintain strong ethical and professional values.
- The ability to operate in diverse cultural environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes.
- Proficient in the ability to understand problems, situations and the reasons behind them, crossing the barriers of languages and cultures.
- Autonomous and results orientated, with a clear determination to succeed.
Kindly note, by registering your details for this Expression of Interest Role you indicate your interest in a potential, future relevant role with G4S and that this is not an active vacancy. G4S recruit throughout the year, and job roles will become live at different times in different locations. By applying you will be considered for all suitable roles when they open.