- To contribute to the development of the country business strategy and ensure as a member of the country management team it is delivered in line with agreed business targets..
- Manage customer relationships to gain a deeper understanding of their business and business needs to co-develop customized value offers that build a successful and sustainable business partnership.
- Work with the commercial team to implement the agreed customer strategy, monitor effectiveness and adjust as required, to ensure marketing and sales targets for the customer are achieved.
Territorial Business accountabilities, for the assigned customers:
- To develop and implement agreed sales plans, targets and budgets in accordance with the country strategy and objectives.
- Develop the country sales strategy and direct its implementation to optimize overall sales volume and market share achievement.
- To work closely with the sales, marketing and technical teams to build, implement, monitor and measure targeted business campaigns
- Work closely with marketing, technical and other functions to ensure appropriate customer segmentation and appropriate value offers are communicated as part of the field support programme.
- Defend and promote Syngenta interests with various stakeholders; identify and propose areas of collaboration for mutual benefit.
- To grow and manage channel relationships and develop channel, implement, monitor and measure channel business
- Continuously review customer accounts – credit limits, performance, sales collections, DSO.
- To understand the agricultural value chain and develop a strategy to fully exploit all the elements of the value chain and deploy resources as necessary in order to win at each level for the business.
- To recruit, train, coach and develop the sales team to ensure competitive advantage through coherent implementation of strategy
- Build and foster a team culture that values, recognizes and generates a business oriented, customer focused organization
- Ensure goal setting process for direct reports; evaluate results throughout the year to ensure timely monitoring where interventions are needed and attainment of overall revenue budget
- To overview sales budgeting and product forecasting – both seeds and crop protection products
- Works in compliance with commercial policy of the country, HSE requirements, local legislation and competition law.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
Critical experience and knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of the country agricultural sales environment, sales techniques and approaches
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Language skills – must have excellent language skills of the country and also good level of English.
- Key sales management skills; strong understanding of customer needs, structure and business drivers
- Understanding of the agricultural competitive environment
- Education level of undergraduate in BSc. Agriculture as a minimum
- Previous experience in senior sales or marketing role which involved people management preferable in the agrochemical or similar industry.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Focus on customer
- Execution and result orientation
- Engage and Inspire
- Establish trust
Critical Technical and Professional Capabilities
- Ability to coach team members for high performance
- Builing up networks with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to build insights into customer needs
- Successful implemenation of change programs
- Building positive win-win cross functional relationships