- An excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to work in our Technical department.
- Provide the operating direction for the Technical Department, ensuring that productivity and efficiency standards are met and manages the budget of the technical department.
- Works closely with the head of Health, Safety, Security and Environment to ensure safety policies, rules, and regulations are reviewed, revised, issued and posted on an on-going basis in order to improve productivity, safety and efficiency.
- Build up and maintain a preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment to reduce damages and downtime on all machinery, prevent damage to machinery & human accidents.
- Effective daily operation of all machinery including electricity plant and buildings and good communications between Technical and Operations to minimize equipment downtime.
- Responsible for the inventory control system to ensure that inventory carrying costs are minimised while ensuring that necessary spare parts are always immediately available.
- Maintain up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of terminal operations and maintenance requirements. taken in preventative maintenance and parts availability.
- Ensure manufacturers’ maintenance schedules are followed, improve work processes, methods & improve technical efficiency of machinery & equipment.
- Technical understanding/knowledge of electrical power generation, power distribution including engine generator sets, system integration design, assembly, installation, commissioning, operation, repair, paralleling switchgear and transfer switches, fuel systems, exhaust systems, enclosures and ancillary equipment.
Who we are looking for
- Degree – Engineering or relevant qualification. Extensive experience (7 -10 years) in managing a multi-disciplined department within the Ports and Terminals industry. Sound knowledge and experience in Health and Safety essential. A working knowledge of terminal maintenance (port or air) practices and principles. Specific working knowledge of support equipment, cranes, and power generation is required, fair knowledge of IT & CAD systems, Computer literacy. Superior negotiating and people management skills. A comprehensive understanding of the financial aspects of a business, have working knowledge of budget preparation, basic financial related matters, and reporting against financial objectives. Welding and pressing experience essential. Exhibit a proven ability to motivate subordinates.