To develop and manage a strategy and operating model for the Risk Finance Department that supports the growth and development of the Mutual & Federal business through developing, implementing and managing fit-for-purpose risk finance strategies and tactics.
- Develop, plan for, implement and take accountability for the strategy and operating model of the Risk Finance Department, partnering with the Executive: Sales in response to the business model and Mutual & Federal strategy.
- Establish an aligned Departmental Balanced Scorecard focused on the implementation, measuring and management of the Departmental strategy.
- Determine the business value chain for the Risk Finance Department and ensure that this value chain is aligned and integrated with the Sales Division value chain.
- In collaboration with Executive: Sales and Executive: Underwriting drive the development, implementation and management of winning and fit-for-purpose Risk Financing facilities that achieve targeted profitability.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Brand, Customer & Transformation contribute to strategic and targeted market research.
- Drive the development of a leading customer value proposition for each identified market segment.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Brand, Customer & Transformation contribute to the development and maintenance of an appropriate leading brand strategy for Mutual & Federal.
- Develop and maintain of a winning and fit-for-purpose portfolio risk financing management strategy.
- Develop and maintain a winning product development and lifecycle capability.
- Develop and maintain winning business development strategies and management practices.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Operations contribute to excellence in product fulfilment.
- Develop and maintain a winning and fit-for-purpose customer lifecycle strategy.
- In collaboration with the Executive: Underwriting contribute to a winning and fit-for-purpose reinsurance strategy.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in financial sector
- 8 years’ experience in field of risk finance
- 5 years’ experience in the management of people, at least at manager of manager level.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.