My global client, a successful O&G company, is looking for a Congolese HR Manager to ensure smooth deployment of HR policies & processes and service delivery of operational HR. They are looking for a proactive professional to act as the HR representative to influence the design and implementation of HR initiatives in Congo Brazzaville and the DRC, taking into consideration the different employment laws and organisational polices across the impacted countries.
This professional will be working closely with the GM to provide effective organisation and resources as well as providing technical HR expertise to promote on-going knowledge and skill development. The HR Manager will be also working with the Global and Regional HR teams in the consolidation of HR data and performance metrics for measuring effectiveness of HR initiatives and in driving organizational performance. He/she will also provide centre of expertise in managing local employee labour law and employee relations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR professional willing to work with an international team, having an impact on the local employees and this company expansion.
Ensures the following processes are implemented in compliance with company policy, including but not limited to:
Employee data management (Workday);
Vacation process (control of carry-over);
Recruitment (rigour in competencies assessed, hiring contract used and robustness of process);
Compensation (compliance with Company policies);
Payroll Process, with internal controls;
On boarding process – incl, proper induction;
Performance Management – implementation of Company performance cycle.
Supporting management in delivery of business objectives.
Labour relations support;
Interprets and communicates business needs, and identifies or assists in crafting appropriate solutions to meet needs, within global HR initiatives.
Consolidation of HR data and performance metrics for measuring effectiveness of HR initiatives
- Extensive experience in human resources management, with increasing levels of experience in a medium to large multinational;
- Knowledge of Human Resources related programs, processes, tools, policies and guidelines and their application to complex organizational issues;
- Knowledge of organizational concepts, including: team management, organizational design, resource utilization and workforce planning;
- Knowledge of local employee labour law and employee relations.
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related areas;
- Fluent English and French
- Highly proficient in using MS Office
- High energy and a ‘can do’ attitude, creating a positive culture in the company;
- Leadership skills to mobilize the management team to excel in the successful execution of people strategies.
- Leadership and teamwork to work with line managers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Customer focus, both internal and external,
- Ability to deliver results, meeting people goals and achieving employee satisfaction;
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management dealing with sensitive employee relation’s issues, while recognizing the sensitivities of cultural differences