Reports to Regional Operations Director. Indirect reporting line to HRD
Direct Subordinates (Job Titles)
Training Coordinator , Training Instructor(s), HR Officer(s), HR Clerk(s)
Internal: HR Director, Head Office HR personnel, HR Managers of other business units, own HR staff, regional management and supervision
External: Recruiting consultants, various other consultants, customers. Department of Labour, Union representatives
Main Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Human Resources Director coordinates the provision of generalist Human Resources support services within the business, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
Effective management of Employee Relations function
- Responsible for management of disciplinary processes conducted in the region, ensuring compliance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and procedures
- Competent representation of the Company in all disputes Labour court
- Ensuring that line management is kept informed of changes to the interpretation and application of disciplinary procedures necessitated by Labour Court decisions
- Competent representation of the region in dealings with trade unions
- The establishment and continuation of employee communication structures.
- Provision of ongoing training and consultation service to regional management to achieve successful structure development.
Effective management of human resources administration and employee benefits
- Implementation of G4S National HR policies and procedures, documentation in compliance with legislation.
- Effective and efficient
- Personnel File maintenance (Employment / induction / discipline documentation)
- Employee Benefit Administration
- Long service awards administration
- Registration of employees
Effective resourcing of staff
- Thorough human resource planning process to match requirements with incumbents, with a focus on the approved structure.
- Adherence to company policy with respect approval and recruitment process. Strict observance of company recruitment process
- Thorough vetting and screening processes
- Employment in accordance with remuneration policy
Effective management of training, development succession, and performance management
- Compiling operational training schedules
- Assist national training function in planning and execution of management training.
- Induction training planning and implementation
- On the job training planning and implementation
- Devise succession planning for management and support positions
- Regional management awareness and compliance through the development and presentation of appropriate training interventions.
- Local Country Labour legislation
- Local security industry legislation
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- HR systems and practices
- Managing Professionally
- Leading People
- Managing Conflict
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Delivering Objectives
- Computer literacy
- Basic financial skills
- Driving change
- Attention to detail
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering strategy
- Collaboration and cooperation
- Relevant tertiary Qualification in HR Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as HR practitioner
- Experience within a Services related sector would be an advantage
Kindly note, by registering your details for this Expression of Interest Role you indicate your interest in a potential, future relevant role with G4S and that this is not an active vacancy. G4S recruit throughout the year, and job roles will become live at different times in different locations. By applying you will be considered for all suitable roles when they open.