The Hydraulic Engineer shall be responsible for the rig’s hydraulic systems, liaising with the Assistant Technical Section Leader regarding equipment repairs, maintenance and planning so as to minimise the risk delay through equipment breakdown or downtime.
DEPARTMENT AND LOCATION
- The Hydraulic Engineer shall, as a minimum, have served in a recognized Electrical/Hydraulic/Mechanical Engineering 2 years apprenticeship.
- Practical experience with operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial / offshore hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Drilling equipment, Bridges and pedestal cranes.
- Should be familiar with operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of PLS. servo controlled systems,
- Filtration standards and oil analyses. Approved Certificates by classification society for hydraulic house crimping
- He shall have a valid health certificate.
- He must have good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
- Other qualification requirement as per the training matrix for the local area of operations.
- Fluent Portuguese
- Angolan nationality or resident card
The Hydraulic Engineer is delegated the necessary authority to carry out his duties listed under this job description.
The Hydraulic Engineers overall responsibilities are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Familiarize himself with all hydraulic systems, power packs and related hydraulic equipment, bridge and pedestal crane. top drives, pipe handling and all others hydraulic related drilling equipment. Hydraulic systems for ballast, bulk transport system, actuators valves and control system for same.
- Liasing with the Assistant Technical Section Leader regarding equipment repairs, maintenance and planning so as to minimise the risk delay through equipment breakdown or downtime.
- Checking and maintaining oil levels on all hydraulic systems.
- Take oil samples for analyses and maintain log for this.
- Preparation/ordering hydraulic maintenance / breakdown spares and maintaining stock levels…
- Properly maintain, in accordance with the planned preventive maintenance systems. Maintain all hydraulic systems, HPU, pipelines and related hydraulic equipment. Hydraulic/pneumatic drilling instrumentation, EO-marine related hydraulic/pneumatic systems , thrusts control and related hydraulic system.
- Be familiar with all the classification society’s and the authorities’ rules and regulation applicable to his area of responsibility.
- Take all necessary safety precautions whenever working on hydraulic/pneumatic systems, ensure that the systems are properly isolated from the main surges and that the isolation valves /circuit breakers for power packs are closed/ locked and warning signs are strategically posted. Ensure accumulators are isolated and pressure in lines is bleed out. Ensure there is no risk for oil pollution to sea before work on systems starts.
- Ensure that all reporting procedures and routines are followed and that all paper work are handled timely and correctly.
- Maintain his workshop tools and all other working area in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills held onboard.
- Keep maintenance records and prepare reports concerning the hydraulic installations.
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him of their duties, their responsibilities and the necessary safety precautions prior to start up of any work.
- Ensure that all orders and instruction given or received in writing or verbally are fully understood and adhered to.
- Ensure that all safety routines are followed.
- Ensure that no repair/maintenance work that needs “work permit” is started until proper investigation has been carried out and approvals have been given in writing.
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents and non-conformances through the proper channels.
- React timely to all corrective action requests.
- Be familiar with all relevant work- and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig and by the Operator, and promote the implementation of same.
- Carry out his duties according to the Emergency and Contingency Manual.
- Inform his supervisor of any suggestion to make a safer working environment to make a more efficient operation of the unit
GENERAL INSTRUCTION FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
- Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
- If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.