The Trust is looking for suitable candidates from within the SADC Region, in particular from the following countries that are currently not represented on the board (Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe)- to join the Board of Trustees.
Women, youth and French/ Portuguese speakers are encouraged to apply.
To avoid conflicts of interest, candidates should not be representatives of organizations that are in a programmatic partnership with the Southern Africa Trust.
About the role
The Trust is looking for candidates who fit the below criteria:
- Extremely motivated and passionate about issues surrounding poverty alleviation and the reduction of inequality.
- Preparedness to be part of a team that will drive the sustainability of the Trust.
- Able to dedicate time to the Southern Africa Trust’s governance processes, including participation in 3-4 board meetings per calendar year and committee meetings.
- From SADC region in particular from any of the countries mentioned above.
- Fluent in any of the three languages that the Trust uses- English, French and Portuguese
Skills and qualifications
Candidates must possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Post graduate qualification in any of the following disciplines: 1. Finance, Banking and Accounting; 2. Management and Commerce; 3. Business Information Systems; 4. Business Science; 5. Creative Technologies; Digital Media and Communications; 6. Built Environment and Property Studies
- The successful candidate(s) should be experienced and/or competent in one or more of the following fields, (1) Financial services sector and capital markets, banking, investments, etc, (2) Private sector development in particular property management, real estate, business development, digital technologies, as well as have experience in fundraising.
- Experience in governance roles in the region and internationally.
- Candidates must not have a criminal record.
Board members are expected to attend meetings but also to participate in the life of the organisation between board meetings, e.g. advising the management team and acting in an ambassadorial role for the Trust
To apply, submit you CV detailing knowledge, education, experience and suitability as a Board member. A letter motivating why you want to be considered for this role must accompany your application.
Candidates must be in a position to provide references.