Context/Scope The Business audit team aims to help management with a proactive self-regulatory risk assurance to support the achievement of the highest standards of corporate governance in relation to any risk that could significantly enhance or impede our ability to achieve current or future business objectives.
The Internal Audit Manager will drive the real time day-to-day quality assurance that will guarantee the highest quality of business risk management and control. Specific deliverables are:
• Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures for all processes by conducting periodic reviews.
• Periodically review processes and procedures to ensure they are in line with strategic objectives.
• Follow up closed audit issues to ensure they are closed in line with agreed action plan.
• Conduct periodic checks of accounting documents to ensure compliance with Statement of Limits and Authorities.
• Conduct periodic checks of compliance with Key Policies
Business audit is a part Finance function and therefore contribute to the delivery of the overall functional performance promise.
In helping Guinness Nigeria achieve the highest standard of corporate governance, much of Business audit’s work is aimed at ensuring the quality and accuracy of the business performance and financial reporting.
This role has no specific financial responsibilities, e.g. managing budgets, but the individual will be expected to work closely with IMC business functions to proactively identify and manage business controls assurance issues. The role should develop a good understanding of Guinness Nigeria’s primary financial processes and business operations and build relationships across the entire business.
• Deliver risk and performance effectiveness audits that provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and control procedures.
• Undertake business audit or develop design reviews with management to help improve management’s response to a particular risk or risk area.
• Contribute to other sources of assurance such as facilitating project teams through risk footprints and mitigation activities; following up on part audits or design reviews.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Minimum 7 years experience including in a multinational corporate environment. Qualified Accountant and/or MBA, or professional qualification or equivalent experience in one or more of the below:
• FMCG industry and related business issues such as brand management or brand financial management, production, logistics
• Risk management techniques
• Internal / external audit experience
• Business consulting
• Information systems
• Experience in multicultural / multilingual environments