This role manages assets and heads up one or more product lines. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through others’ efforts over periods of up to a year.
- Manages assets and heads up one or more product lines e.g. fixed income, equity, foreign exchange, institutional funds.
- Monitors domestic and international situations.
- Analyses effect on investment to ensure successful management of portfolio.
- Individually accountable for other’s time, tasks and output quality, for periods of up to a year.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Plans and assigns work over applicable period.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Manages performance.
- Selects potential staff to sustain customer/client service delivery.
- Planning, supporting and guiding/coaching others by focusing them on the accomplishment of work objectives through active performance management and development. This is done to enhance and strengthen their respective skills and abilities that they can fulfill current and future role responsibilities more efficiently.
- The ability to understand the big picture in which the business is operating, the inter-play between the different components and the impact on your specific business. This includes an understanding of commercial and financial principles.
- The ability to make balanced and sound recommendations and decisions, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and to select the most appropriate alternative. Recommendations and decisions need to be implementable, effective and well thought through.
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; adapting one’s own style to accommodate the target audience.
- Assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks and adhering consistently to standards of excellence. Ensuring that all relevant detail has been considered.
- Having achieved a Full performance level of technical knowledge, related to a specific role.
- The ability to perceive, interpret and translate information (stimuli) in order to competently performs processes and tasks at various levels of complexity within the organisation. It also includes the ability to apply analytical, integrative, lateral or systemic thinking; depending on the task at hand.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.