About the role
The Investment Officer role is to support the Senior / Investment Officer in providing management and technical support to ensure the effective development and increased number of bankable projects for Africa50 PD.
The ideal candidate should have the following profile:
- Hold an MBA or Master’s degree or its equivalent in Business, Finance or Economics.
- Hold a degree in Engineering: Civil, Structures or related
- Have a minimum of six 6 years of relevant experience (max 9) in project investment and transaction in the transport sector: – Roads , Rail, Bridges, terminals, airports, logistic platforms etc.
- Sound understanding of basic engineering principles
- Project management experience (certification a plus)
- Solid understanding of EPC and O&M contracts
- experience in the fields of corporate project finance, structured finance, transaction advisory services
- Demonstrated track record of at least 2 transactions in transport sector.
- Awareness of the latest trends and developments in financing transport infrastructure
- Experience with Credit enhancement instruments and good knowledge of tailored products for sector based investments
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French
- Competence in the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).