About the company
Leading independent infrastructure fund that focuses on high-impact African projects mostly in the energy and transport sectors. Currently require a Senior Investment Officer with 10 years experience of non-routine financing or development of private or PPP infrastructure projects.
Purpose of role
To be an integral part of a well-coordinated and synergistic Investor Relations and Fund Raising team responsible for Africa50’s fund raising efforts. Responsible for implementation of the firm’s investor relations program and assist with third party fundraising.
To be a central point of contact for existing investors, gatekeepers/consultants, potential investors, placement agents and public relations firms. Be the central key person managing investor related database, reporting and events.
|Reports To:||Head of Investor Relations|
|Department:||Investor Relations (“IR”)|
- Development of marketing/meeting materials and collateral under the guidance of Head, IR
- Investor Reporting and query management: Working closely with Africa50’s investment team, as well as others in the firm to understand investment activity and performance in the portfolios. Ensuring that investors are well informed and knowledgeable about the performance of the assets they have entrusted to Africa50’s investment team:
- Manage regular fund reporting requirements including quarterly and annual reports, newsletters etc. for existing Shareholders/LPs
- -Working to ensure that information regarding Africa50’s products/strategies is accurate and current, and responding to new questions as they arise. Anticipating client queries and issues and responsible for promptly addressing all Shareholder/LP queries.
- Shareholder/LP contact database: Develop and manage a system for recording (including regular activity reports) and sharing all Shareholder/LP interactions:
- Management of a fund level investor data base noting relevant information and meeting content of/with the institutional investor relationships across existing and new funds/asset class departments within the firm
- Stay abreast of and record all Shareholder/LP interactions (be it direct or indirect) undertaken by investment professionals and business heads
- Generating relevant pre and post meeting briefing notes and other reports with respect to Shareholder/LP interactions/issues etc.
- Support Fund raising efforts:
- Building and managing relationship with both existing and potential Shareholders/LPs
- Collect market intelligence and seek to expand the set of potential Shareholder/LP relationships
- Assist Head, IR in organising international roadshows and meetings with potential investors
- Ensuring regular interactions and follow ups
- Assist with management of placement agent relationships
- Relevant conference attendance
- Shareholder/LP Events:
- Support the planning and running of the annual AGM, advisory board meeting, investor calls and other investor related interactions.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Investor Relations, Fundraising or other relevant
functions in Private Sector, Private Equity or Development Finance or similar relevant sector
Academic and professional qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- MBA or Postgraduate qualification
- Fluent English (French is a plus)
- Interest in Africa50’s mission, strategy and values
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities
- Diligent and process oriented
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
- Culturally sensitive and able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development