This professionals will be part of the Operations Team providing round the clock support across global IT operations. S/he will be actively involved in the roll out of a variety of systems into production under change control ensuring engineered documentation is complete and the system will be supportable.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and applications, reviewing system and application logs..
- Call out damaged hardware with vendors and organise replacement using existing monitoring tools.
- Provide Tier III/other support via escalations from the service desk. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Escalate where necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with global operations team/ service desk and other parties where necessary.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, within the restraints of the change control process.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware (Virtual and physical), services, settings etc.
Reporting directly to Operations team Leader
- Ability to deliver to deadlines whilst maintaining a focus on operational stability.
- Ability to work independently and be a “self-starter”
- MCSE or equivalent – specialising in Windows Server infrastructure.
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 family knowledge and solid experience.
- Good understanding of networking concepts.
- Good understanding of monitoring protocols.
- Experience with the Sophos Antivirus product set.
- ESX experience (Administrative OK). VM deployment experience essential.
- HP hardware knowledge.
- Citrix knowledge.
- Hyper-V knowledge.
- Windows DHCP/ DNS/ Active Directory.
- Proven ability to do root cause analysis.
- Change Request Process awareness essential.
Other desirable but definitely not essential:
- NetApp Storage experiance
- APC familiarity
- ITIL aware
Candidates please apply through the link below with a CV in English highlighting your experience on the main requirements. Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks.