L’Oréal South Africa was established in 1963. The company has five divisions: L’Oréal Manufacturing Midrand ( manufacturing plant) and four operating divisions, namely Professional Products Division, L’Oréal Luxe, Active Cosmetics Division and the Consumer Products Division.
Currently, they are seeking a Junior Category Manager for the Consumer Products Division.
Reporting to the Category Manager, you will be responsible to grow the Health & Beauty market.
Key Areas of Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Work as a strategic alignment with retailers
- Understand the shoppers’ needs and behaviours.
- Develop a triple win (L’Oréal, Retailer and shopper) strategy and P&L of the category.
- Build a trustful relation with counterparts at retailer’s, gain category captaincies, monitor category projects roll-out, regularly updating.
- Category Manager
- Support the commercial team in their business plan alignment with retailers, with the right shopper and category insights, market and category reviews, and during retailer presentation
- Help in internal arbitration between brands when needed, thanks to fact based recommendation
- Stays up-to-date with market, consumers & competitors
- Builds on categories shopper insight Activates business drivers
- Pursues turnover and profit optimization
- Collects and connects comprehensive knowledge about the retailers
The Successful Applicant Must Possess:
- Holds a relevant commercial Bachelor’s Degree A minimum of 2-3 years working experience in the FMCG industry with some exposure to category management or space planning
- Some experience in Nielsen Software, Qlickview, B2B Tool or Space planning
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Good communication skils Proven research skills to understand consumer and category insights